Turn In Concepts Rear Diff Mount Bushings - Race Subaru WRX 02-20/STI 04-20/Legacy GT 05-09/Forester XT 04-08
- Brand: Turn In Concepts
- Part #: 1001-01-0021
- Material: Urethane Rubber
Are you tired of the "diff dance of distraction and deflection" when you're getting on it in your Subaru? Are you interested in better throttle response, and a more connected feeling with the car? If so, then by all means, please continue reading.
Made to fit the newer generation of Impreza chassis these mounts will also fit a number of other NEWER Subaru models. To check for fitment take a look at the pics and instructions. If your Subaru has the mount with the bushings on the ends then these will fit. (Except for the old Legacy Turbo - we know they won't fit on these).
See, the problem is this - the stock bushings are just plain wimpy. First, they are made of rubber (floppy, sloppy rubber). Second, they have a void above and below the center bore (you know, a void, like something is missing - kinda like when you're talking to someone and you realize that something in their head just ain't connected right, but you can't quite figure out what's wrong with them). This floppy, sloppy, empty headedness is fine if you're like 900 years old, and you drive like Grandma going to church in a school zone, but for anyone who likes to give their Subaru a little bit of gas on occasion they just won't do.
See, when you get on it the stock bushing flexes too much, and the void in the bushing closes quickly causing an impact. This is the source of that stupidly distracting clunk. It's also inefficient. You can also think of it this way - you're only putting out a finite amount of energy to drive the car forward. Why the heck would you want floppy, wimpy bushings soaking up some of that energy when you could be putting it to the wheels?
So what's the big deal with these?
Well, let me make a list:
- Urethane instead of rubber
- Stiffer than stock
- No stupid voids
Well, since you asked, here's a few more things to consider.
- There are others on the market making replacements for the bushings. Those are all one piece designs that require a press to install. Come on, how many people have a press sitting around in their garage? Ours is a split design. Trust us - it makes your life MUCH easier when it comes to the install.
- You could get the entire STi branded part with Group N bushings, but the metal portion of the mount is the exact same as what you already have on your car. Why would you pay extra to get a part that you already have?
- NVH - Hey, we've been playing with these for a while now and really haven't experienced much more NVH. Sure, there probably is some more, but quite honestly we can't really tell.
- Cost - you remember those others we mentioned above? Yeah, ours cost less.
We Also Recommend
ACL Race Main Bearing Set Standard Size Position 5 - Subaru Impreza 98-11/WRX 02-14/STI 04-17/Legacy 90-13/Legacy GT 05-12/Forester 98-10/Forester XT 04-13
ACL Race Rod Bearings Standard Size 52mm Journal - Subaru Impreza 98-11/WRX 02-14/STI 04-21/Legacy 90-13/Legacy GT 05-12/Forester 98-10/Forester XT 04-13
ACT Heavy Duty 6-Puck Disc Clutch Kit - Subaru WRX 02-05/Forester XT 04-05
ACT Heavy Duty Performance Street Disc Clutch Kit - Subaru WRX 02-05 / Forester XT 04-05